Course: ENG 101 English Composition-0911 Spring 2024 TuTh 9AM with Prof. Barnes M309

active 1 month, 3 weeks ago
ENG 101 English Composition-0911 Spring 2024 TuTh 9AM with Prof. Barnes M309
This Course is OPEN.
Departments
Academic Literacy and Linguistics, English
Course Contact
Course Code
ENG 101
Section Code
0911
Term
Spring 2024
Course Description

English Composition is the standard freshman writing course. The course introduces students to academic writing. By its conclusion, students will be ready for English 201 and for the writing they will be asked to do in advanced courses across the curriculum. Students completing ENG 101 will have mastered the fundamentals of college-level reading and writing, including developing a thesis-driven response to the writing of others and following the basic conventions of citation and documentation. They will have practiced what Mike Rose calls the “habits of mind” necessary for success in college and in the larger world: summarizing, classifying, comparing, contrasting, and analyzing. Students will be introduced to basic research methods and MLA documentation and complete a research project. Students are required to take a departmental final exam that requires the composition of a 500 word, thesis-driven essay in conversation with two designated texts.

Recent Posts

HW for May 7th

Overlapping theme: Knowledge: self-knowledge versus skills Define key terms Find the theme […] See MoreHW for May 7th

Comment on: Post your annotated bibliography and works cited here…

Annotated Bibliography Lorenz, Taylor L. “Snapchat Wants You To Post It. It’s Willing To Pay […] See MoreComment on: Post your annotated bibliography and works cited here…

Comment on: Conversation 2 – Roselen

Hi Reselen, Yeah, I see the same main point in Adichies's arguments. Her argument is very […] See MoreComment on: Conversation 2 – Roselen

Recent Discussions

Introduction

Hey everyone, My Name is Amina. I'm from Pakistan. This is my 2nd semester in bmcc. After 2 years at bmcc, I'm planning to transfer to NYU to get my bachelor's degree. My major is computer science. I'm passionate about technology and problem See MoreIntroduction

Introduction

<span style="font-weight: 400;">Hi everyone! My name is Ahmed, and I'm on a twenty-year exciting journey. Originally from the beautiful city of Sylhet in the South, I now call Queens, New York, my home. I'm studying Business Administration and See MoreIntroduction

Introduction

Heyy Ya'll, My name is Mazida. I'm 20 years old. I wasn't born here but I was raised in Brooklyn, and this is my 2nd semester in BMCC. I'm majoring in early childhood education. I love children and my goal is to become a preschool teacher. I'm See MoreIntroduction

Recent Docs

No Recent Docs