Introductions

Hello All! I am looking forward to working with you this semester. You may call me Al (that’s spelled ay-el, not ay-eye). My pronouns are they/them. I have been teaching at BMCC since Spring 2019 and before that, I’ve taught at NYU and The New School since 2015. I’m really grateful to be working here with the committed faculty and students I have met. I believe that anyone can learn economics because everybody engages with their local economy as part of daily living!

Please respond in a comment below to introduce yourself. To do so click “Leave a Comment” up top. Please note, everything posted to this website is viewable to the entire BMCC OpenLab community and potentially searchable by the public. If you prefer, you’re welcome to email me instead but please do respond. Please include responses to any or all of the following:

• Your Name (as registered)
  • Your Nickname (how you want to be addressed in class)
  • Pronoun (how you want to be addressed in addition to your name, usually “he,” “she,” “they,” or “name only (no pronoun)” but there are many other options)
  • Why you are taking this class
  • Something that helps you learn
  • Something you enjoy

For instance: My name is Alexandria Eisenbarth, I go by Al. You can also call me “professor” or “Mx. Eisenbarth” if you want, but I do NOT like to be called “Mr.” or “Mrs.” or “Ms.” or “miss.” My pronouns are they/them. I teach this class because a money-paying job is required to access the necessaries of living in our economy in the absence of personal wealth and because I really love helping people access this language of power in ways that are relevant to their own life. I learn best through experiences and prefer a visual/auditory combo if learning-by-doing isn’t available. It is difficult for me to learn when my experiences and memories are not given credibility. I like to crochet, play music, garden, bike, and embark upon personal spiritual growth.

9 thoughts on “Introductions

1. Pingback: Week 1 – What is Macroeconomics & Course Navigation | ECO 201 | Macroeconomics | Al Eisenbarth | Section 1602 | Fall 2021

2. ivy

Hi, my name is Ivy. pronouns are she/her. I am taking this class because it is a requirement but I do look forward to learning about macroeconomics because it is a subject i’ve never took. something I enjoy is cooking and baking. and I learn best through hands on experiences and trying for myself, although we are strictly online i’ve made it work and learned to adjust to being a auditory leaner.

3. Minglin Chen

Hi, guys! My legal name is Minglin but you would just call me Evelyn. I am taking this class because it is a requirement, however, I am interested in economics. My major is multimedia programming and design. I like reading and watching TV and travel. I am expecting to work and study together with your guys this semester.

4. Andri

My name is Andri. I don’t have a nickname but you can name me Andri. I’m very excited because is my first semester at BMCC and my first experience of College Education in the EEUU. I am taking this course because is a step to get my major in Accounting, however, I want to get a piece of good knowledge about the economics of the EEUU that is a big economy around the world, and of course, I will feel comfortable when I will get a professional job in this country and to improve my personal finances as well.

I like walking in natural parks, reading, writing, and improve my English skills every day because is my second language, my native language is Spanish Also I like taking pictures, knowing new topics for improving my cultural education every day.

5. Adrian M Navarrete

Hi, Kim:

Not a problem! Thanks for introducing yourself. I hope you also took a look at my introduction!

We are going to be focusing strongly on creativity and how to teach through the creative arts, so I’m glad that’s a goal for you.

Professor Reich-Shapiro

6. Camesha Wright

Hi my name is Camesha Wright. I go by Camesha which is what I prefer to be addressed as, I am taking this class because it is needed for me to graduate I have not really learned the background of economics although I am looking forward to learning. I learn best on my own although I am not opposed to distance learning on zoom, I do enjoy learning about new ways to obtain generational wealth.

1. Ricky

Hello guys, My name is Ricky Bazile
      I am taking this course because it is required for my major but also i want to learn about economics so that i could better understand the market, how things really work. Something that helps me learn is getting enough time to process the information. I enjoy learning new things that I am passionate about, such as playing an instrument, skating, etc… but more importantly being free so that i could decide whenever i would like to do a specific thing.

7. elian

Hello class! my name is elian ramirez. you guys can call me eli if its more comfortable with you. I am taking economics because it is required for my degree to graduate. i am also completely new to economics but it seems a subject worth learning. I learn best when i have full focus and attention to the subject I’m learning. its easy to get distracted now a days but i try my best to keep focus in school. i enjoy playing video games as well as taking photos.