Unit 10 Assignment

1. What do you think is the most demotivating part of Harper’s job?

In my opinion, the most demotivating part of Harper`s job is that her new boss David cannot mentor her as Jose did. For an employee who is passionate about his\her work is very important to feel appreciated. To feel that he or she can grow so he or she can be able to perform 110%.

2. If you were an HR manager meeting with Harper’s supervisor, David, what advice would you give to help them re-engage Harper?

If I was an HR manager, I would advise David to spare one day a week for his employees. To be able to have open communication and listen to them. In Harper`s case, he should approach her and talk to her about her duties. Guide her and provide her with constructive feedback to prioritize her work and make her feel appreciated for her hard work. Moreover, he should pay her additional remuneration to compensate for the extra duties.  

3. What would be the downside of losing Harper as an employee?

Losing Harper as an employee would be an additional expense for the company because they have to hire a suitable replacement and spend time and money to train them properly. Additionally, Harper has been an amazing employee who has grown with the organization and has mastered the job responsibilities. It would take a lot of time and effort for the new employee to match that and reach her level of competence.

2 thoughts on “Unit 10 Assignment

1. Maria Soriano

I agree it sucks that David doesn’t mentor Harper like how Jose would. For her being their for 4 years and having to adjust being given so much work they would be able to recognize the things she has done and give her a raise. She loves this company and they should appreciate that. Harper quitting would be a big loss for the company.