Use links below to assign/embed library information literacy modules into your syllabi and course pages as weekly assignments/OR as appropriate for your curriculum.
All toolkits by default recommend you assign one or more videos from the Basic Research Skills Toolkit, but you know the needs of your class and can pick and choose from these materials.
Note: All quizzes are self graded. Students receive the results upon completion of the quiz or activity; the results can be emailed or posted in Blackboard.
Basic Research Skills Toolkit
Module 1 – Introduction to BMCC Library Resources – Video | Quiz
Module 2 – Research Process: Exploration through Questions – Video | Quiz | Handout
Module 3 – OneSearch: The Library’s Search Engine – Video | Online Activity | Handout
Module 4 – Evaluate Information – Video | Quiz | Handout
Module 5 – Cite Sources – (MLA) Video| Handout / (APA) Video | Handout
History Research Toolkit
- Please let your students know that I am the History Librarian
- The Key to finding History Books in the Library | Handout | Quiz
- History Gale Primary Sources – Handout | Quiz
- History New York Times Historical –– Handout | Quiz
- History Black Thought and Culture — Handout | Quiz
- History World History in Context — Handout | Quiz
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Sources — Handout
Additional BMCC Library Resources
The History Research Guide (Which includes this material for students)