<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0"
	xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
	xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
	xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
	xmlns:slash="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/slash/"
	>

<channel>
	<title>BMCC OpenLab | Dimitri Jones | Activity</title>
	<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/members/dimitrij/activity/</link>
	<atom:link href="https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/members/dimitrij/activity/feed/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
	<description>Activity feed for Dimitri Jones.</description>
	<lastBuildDate>Thu, 08 Oct 2026 14:11:25 -0400</lastBuildDate>
	<generator>https://buddypress.org/?v=</generator>
	<language>en-US</language>
	<ttl>30</ttl>
	<sy:updatePeriod>hourly</sy:updatePeriod>
	<sy:updateFrequency>2</sy:updateFrequency>
	
						<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">36de6a041a5f277f3cc24ba99d0c7428</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones replied to the topic HR in Small Firms in the forum BUS 311-1900 &#124; Human Resource Management &#124; Professor Buckler &#124; Fall 2020</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/hr-in-small-firms/#post-5964</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 13 Dec 2020 23:09:05 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Great read Jamel and I agree that capital is one of the main reasons a company may outsource HR. This can also save time like you stated which small businesses value a lot more than larger businesses as they have to focus on operation functions. You listed a one disadvantage of it becoming impersonal which can be crucial considering some issues&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-42261"><a href="https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/hr-in-small-firms/#post-5964" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">b1e58384952c19372ea370b013392f55</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones replied to the topic HR in Small Firms in the forum BUS 311-1900 &#124; Human Resource Management &#124; Professor Buckler &#124; Fall 2020</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/hr-in-small-firms/#post-5963</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 13 Dec 2020 23:04:26 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hey Gilbert,</p>
<p>I do agree that  opting to outsource HR functions can allow the owner to focus on operating functions. You stated the risk of using a PEO going out of business and  I never thought of that possibility. A PEO can create an inconvenience for any business because now they have to find someone to do those job duties I agree with the p&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-42260"><a href="https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/hr-in-small-firms/#post-5963" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">0154ab625bb740eb2e97f8c9c3ae2350</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones replied to the topic HR in Small Firms in the forum BUS 311-1900 &#124; Human Resource Management &#124; Professor Buckler &#124; Fall 2020</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/hr-in-small-firms/#post-5848</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 07 Dec 2020 17:03:54 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>As we looked at the unit 14 HR in small firms we covered the Pros and Cons of Small firms.  Most of the changes for small firms were highlighted in the form of human resources.  The question we have is why would an organization choose to outsource HR? What is the deciding factor that helps a company decide the best route?  In my opinion that co&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-41599"><a href="https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/hr-in-small-firms/#post-5848" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">853a72028a79ca83c97b30186d68f454</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones replied to the topic Collective Bargaining &#038; Labor Relations in the forum BUS 311-1900 &#124; Human Resource Management &#124; Professor Buckler &#124; Fall 2020</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/collective-bargaining-labor-relations/#post-5791</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 30 Nov 2020 00:43:31 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hey Shang,</p>
<p>I completely agree with your point that compromising is most important. The company locking out the employees is definitely unethical and could have been avoided.  The employer in this situation went into the contract negotiation close minded instead of working with a clear head. Great Read!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">f609393a8ea5b1cc270841c76b170cae</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones replied to the topic Collective Bargaining &#038; Labor Relations in the forum BUS 311-1900 &#124; Human Resource Management &#124; Professor Buckler &#124; Fall 2020</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/collective-bargaining-labor-relations/#post-5784</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 29 Nov 2020 16:15:23 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hey Gilbert,</p>
<p>I agree with it going either way because  it is very hard for both sides to get everything they want. I think the hardest part with negotiation is getting everyone to be on the same page. As a union their job is to negotiate on the employees needs but what happens when the employees are split on what they actually want? That makes&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-40632"><a href="https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/collective-bargaining-labor-relations/#post-5784" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ef723163e4dc4991e9129df03752cc67</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones replied to the topic Collective Bargaining &#038; Labor Relations in the forum BUS 311-1900 &#124; Human Resource Management &#124; Professor Buckler &#124; Fall 2020</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/collective-bargaining-labor-relations/#post-5767</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 24 Nov 2020 15:53:24 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>In our current time, I believe that the workers being more vocal about their needs is one of the major factors in the debate for our union. In previous times the unions were responsible for bargaining for workers however, employers now  are less likely to compromise when they are paying for a service. In the economist article  &#8221; The GM strike is a&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-40326"><a href="https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/collective-bargaining-labor-relations/#post-5767" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ca9833b15a4e9ab0e9a9a2726efaa1d2</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones and Itza Garzon are now friends</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/activity/p/40091/</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 22 Nov 2020 13:38:53 -0500</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">27c8419ad16843e743f69e9a41371267</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones replied to the topic Compensation in the forum BUS 311-1900 &#124; Human Resource Management &#124; Professor Buckler &#124; Fall 2020</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/compensation/#post-5659</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 02 Nov 2020 02:45:24 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hey Richard,</p>
<p>I do agree that a monthly evaluation is a great way of allowing workers to know how they are completing tasks. I forgot all about ZipRecruiter but that is a great website for necessary job description when deciding compensation.I think rewarding employees for loyalty is also a great idea considering most employees don&#8217;t stay at one&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-38224"><a href="https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/compensation/#post-5659" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ae403cc597495b77ddc307a0a6e138f5</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones replied to the topic Compensation in the forum BUS 311-1900 &#124; Human Resource Management &#124; Professor Buckler &#124; Fall 2020</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/compensation/#post-5617</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 29 Oct 2020 14:16:29 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Jamel I agree with the three steps completely in order to determine that the company is doing everything right in order to satisfy the pay equity.  I think it would be great to formulate an employee performance chart, this would go great with the point system I was explaining in my post because it focuses on how well the employee did their job&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-37853"><a href="https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/compensation/#post-5617" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">5e2232381b3b766278edcacd2b097e90</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones replied to the topic Compensation in the forum BUS 311-1900 &#124; Human Resource Management &#124; Professor Buckler &#124; Fall 2020</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/compensation/#post-5589</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 27 Oct 2020 17:09:53 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>When dealing with wages and compensation as a HR professional there are several things that can be taken into consideration. In order to check to make sure everyone is getting paid fairly you also have different resources to check in order to make sure. As a HR professional the first thing I have to do is decide the system on how I would&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-37656"><a href="https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/compensation/#post-5589" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">06c3b075c126ae27f9879bf44d087035</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones replied to the topic Learning &#038; Development + Performance &#038; Appraisal in the forum BUS 311-1900 &#124; Human Resource Management &#124; Professor Buckler &#124; Fall 2020</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/learning-development-performance-appraisal-3/#post-5293</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 10 Oct 2020 15:51:34 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hey Jamel,</p>
<p>I first would like to say I like your definition and interpretation of L&amp;D. I feel like a lot of times people just give trainings in the workplace not aligning them with employees weaknesses so they can enhance their skills. I also would agree that employee appraisals are good in the workplace  because it motivates employees for bonus&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-35147"><a href="https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/learning-development-performance-appraisal-3/#post-5293" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">87ca79ce34ece8a86596e9cd59bc97fc</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones replied to the topic Learning &#038; Development + Performance &#038; Appraisal in the forum BUS 311-1900 &#124; Human Resource Management &#124; Professor Buckler &#124; Fall 2020</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/learning-development-performance-appraisal-3/#post-5292</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 10 Oct 2020 15:41:55 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hey selena,</p>
<p>First I would say I know first hand how intense and important training on hippa is especially working in a hospital. Learning a new system can be very intense but learning hands on probably made it a little easier rather than actually just watching videos teaching yourself. I agree with your point on how important appraisals are&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-35146"><a href="https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/learning-development-performance-appraisal-3/#post-5292" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">eb2eb1f3a21f2d2b8f9d45711c7376ac</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones replied to the topic Learning &#038; Development + Performance &#038; Appraisal in the forum BUS 311-1900 &#124; Human Resource Management &#124; Professor Buckler &#124; Fall 2020</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/learning-development-performance-appraisal-3/#post-5256</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 08 Oct 2020 12:05:30 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>As i work as a school safety agent we are consistently presented with opportunities that require us to be trained. As I joined the job I received a training on CPR and AED however we had other different policies and techniques that we are trained on  depending on the situation.  When it comes to my job we usually receive training based on sudden e&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-34797"><a href="https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/bus-311-1900-human-resource-management-professor-buckler-fall-2020/forum/topic/learning-development-performance-appraisal-3/#post-5256" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">30b0f4850bddd5ef13c11acf8ad2adfa</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones changed their profile picture</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/activity/p/26848/</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 29 Aug 2020 19:28:11 -0400</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">a6e6df174a2241c0636e118d2cd27adb</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones&#039;s profile was updated</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/activity/p/26847/</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 29 Aug 2020 19:25:34 -0400</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">a4c704baf49904c6ee25fe9416580bb6</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones joined the group BUS 311-1900 &#124; HR Management &#124; Professor Buckler &#124; Fall 2020</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/activity/p/26494/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:07:07 -0400</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">2595c5971f45c929e03234cac6c95c24</guid>
				<title>Dimitri Jones became a registered member</title>
				<link>https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/activity/p/26492/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:06:19 -0400</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
		
	</channel>
</rss>