Due: 11:59PM on Sunday, May 31
Assignment: Ask questions of a person connected to the carceral system
Submission: BlackBoard via this link, and also accessible under assignments as a MS WORD or PDF document
Word Count: 250 words – provide the word count at the top right corner of your paper
For this assignment, take time to think about the questions you have about the carceral system and those connected to it (for example, people who are incarcerated, corrections officers, wardens, family members of people who are incarcerated, and so forth). In a letter format, ask this specific individual the questions of interest.
Steps to successfully completing this assignment
- Identify a person connected to the carceral system that you are interested in learning more about.
- Think about at least 5 open-ended questions you have for this person.
- Write a letter to this person and –
- Introduce yourself
- Justify your reasoning for selecting this individual – Why did you select this person?
- Explain your questions and the importance of them – What are your open-ended questions? Why does this interest you? Would you say that your questions are “meaningful”?
- Your letter should be at least 250 words in length.
- Be sure to include your name and word count on the assignment.
- Submit your assignment via BlackBoard.