SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE END
Socialization Across the Life Course: Society, Media and Technology Chapter 5 and 8 / ZOOM / BB CLASS
Read the following sections from OpenStax Text book
- Socialization Across A Life Course
- Technology Today
- Media and Technology
- Media and Technology in Society
- Global Implications of Technology
- Theoretical Perspectives on technology
Discussion Questions: Respond to any 3 of the following 5 questions.
- Is Gerhard Lenski right in classifying societies based on technological advances? What other criteria might be appropriate, based on what you have read?
- In what ways has the Internet affected how you view reality? Explain using a symbolic interactionist perspective.
- Do you believe that technology has indeed flattened the world in terms of providing opportunity? Why, or why not? Give examples to support your reason.
- Where and how do you get your news? Do you watch network television? Read the newspaper? Go online? How about your parents or grandparents? Do you think it matters where you seek out information? Why, or why not?
- How have digital media changed social interactions? Do you believe it has deepened or weakened human connections? Defend your answer.
Respond to TWO different colleagues post on Media, Technology and Society.
Watch the following videos