Society and Social Interaction: REMEMBER TO SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN
Read the sections from your openstax and Alapo text books, the articles or summaries posted below. Reflect on all the wonderful discussion on culture that we have had in the classroom since the beginning of the semester. Watch the videos below and respond to 2 of the following questions. Remember to respond to ONE other persons posting for participation.
Theoretical Perspectives on Society
When answering the following questions, explain the reason why you selected a particular answer and then compare and contrast to the other answer choices.
- Organic solidarity is most likely to exist in which of the following types of societies? a)Hunter-gatherer b) Industrial c) Agricultural d) Feudal
2. According to Marx, the _____ own the means of production in a society. a) proletariat b) vassals c) bourgeoisie d) anomie
5. The Protestant work ethic is based on the concept of predestination, which states that ________.
a) performing good deeds in life is the only way to secure a spot in Heaven b) salvation is only achievable through obedience to Go
c) no person can be saved before he or she accepts Jesus Christ as his or her savior
d) God has already chosen those who will be saved and those who will be damned
Read Ch. 4 of Open Stax
Video on Societies and Types of Societies
1) Types of Societies
2) Six Types of Societies
3) Types of Society in Sociology
4) West and East Cultural Traditions: Part I
5) West and East Cultural Traditions: Part II
6) How Emotions Differ Around The World
7) Traditions For Around The World