1.The similarity in the way of discussing social class in reading 4.1 and 4.2 is that people define their social class based on their income. I noticed that the distinction between these two interpretations is, in 4.1, various angles are used to distinguish social classes, such as income, education, age, race, and region to explain people’s subjective definition of social class. In 4.2, only the census and household income data of subway station lines are analyzed .

2.According to Reading 4.1, the social class of the nearest station to me is middle class or working class. In 2011, the household income data near the subway station was $39861. I am not surprised by this answer, because most of the neighbors near me need labor to earn a living.

3.According to reading 4.2, every region has the problem of income inequality. For example, in Manhattan, the average income of people is very high, and Manhattan is the economic and cultural center of the United States. Compared with other regions, the average income of people is not as high as that of Manhattan, which proves that the average income of people in a prosperous area is very high.