1. The main similarities I noticed between readings 4.1 and 4.2 were social class categories based on income levels and residential location. One difference I noticed was that reading 4.2 did not mention other factors such as education levels, political parties etc. Also reading 4.2 does not really define social classes solely based on the incomes listed. It merely shows the relationship between residential location and and income.

2. I live in Brooklyn near the J train at Broad Junction. The median income reported was $51,691. I suppose that could fall anywhere between lower and up to middle class. I think there that does represent a good amount of residents of the East New York area. However, there are people who live there with their own business and college education too. Although their income levels may not scream upper-middle to upper class. 

3. A general pattern I noticed was income in the 200K+ levels were mainly associated with lower manhattan. The lowest incomes were associated with mostly Brooklyn and Queens. I think people already expected higher incomes to be in Manhattan so that wasn’t very surprising. I was shocked to see such low incomes in Queens and Brooklyn and some parts of Upper Manhattan. Incomes as low as 16k we’re reported! And these are working people as well.