1. Do you notice any similarities in the way social class is discussed in readings 4.1 and 4.2? Do you notice any differences in the way these two readings DIFFERENTIATE between social classes?

They are based on percentages, there are parallels in both articles. Both points of view used income to determine social class structure, which is a remarkable parallel. Reading 4.1 explores the wealth disparity in further depth. Other elements that might influence one’s impression of social standing were investigated as well. Income, wealth, occupational percentages, and educational level all contribute to socioeconomic status, which is determined by one’s place in the social hierarchy.

1. Pick the station closest to where you live. Using the concepts from Reading 4.1, what social class tends to live in your neighborhood? Are you surprised (or not) by the answer? Do you feel it is an accurate representation of the people living in your neighborhood? 

The stop that is closest to me is Crescent St in brooklyn. Despite the fact that this is a middle-class neighborhood, the income of $43,672 astonished me. People from the same social class, on the other hand, share similar opinions, lifestyles, and habits. I also believe that social mobility occurs when people’s economic circumstances improve or deteriorate in a way that impacts their social class. For a variety of causes, individuals can move up or down the social ladder. An increase or movement in social status is referred to as upward mobility.

1. Based on Reading 4.2, do you notice a general pattern about social classes in NYC?

Based on the reading 4.2 the highest class may be found in Manhattan. It does not exceed me since it is a highly costly city where the majority of educated people work and where the economy may improve.