During the month of June, we’ll be meeting twice a week by Zoom on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00pm – 2:30pm, to discuss open pedagogy and other topics. Prior to each Zoom session, there will be activities to be complete to prepare to actively participate; these activities can be found under each week under Schedule in the menu above and also linked in the title of each week below.
- Describe the characteristics of open pedagogy
- Describe how open pedagogy fits with the student learning outcomes for our courses
- Design an open pedagogy assignment
- Be Awesome
- Describe culturally sustaining pedagogy (CSP)
- Identify current and possible spaces for CSP and other asset-based pedagogies in your courses
- Use backward design to plan a class session or unit/module