WEEK G

Would you categorize the way the Jones family lives as personal selling? Why or why not?

I would categorize the way that the jones lives as personal selling because they use their interpersonal skills to persuade their neighborhoods in buying the products. They involve a personal touch. They connected with their customer and demonstration about the product for in their daily life.

What similarities do you see between the sales tactics the Jones family employs and the marketing tactics of some of your favorite brands?

Most of my favorite brands also uses a lifestyle to persuade their customer to sell the products. Many of the fashion brands they throw collections with influencers or artist, so their fans follow the lifestyle and buy the products. One example of a brand that promote clothes collections with influencers, youtubers and artist is Shein.

Based on what you read in the course materials and what you observed in this movie, do you think the way products are marketed in this movie is ethical?

Even though they were not doing something illegal I feel is unethical because they made friends and were pretending to be someone who they are not. they were selling a product with a lifestyle and experience that was not real and that potential customers could feel cheated because the products that they understood worked because of fake experiences did not work for them.  How would you feel if you were friends with someone in the Jones family before you found out their secret? What about afterward? I would feel cheated and not because I was ever influenced to buy a product per se, but because of the approach that carried out the purchase because they sale to me with experiences never lived and a friendship that never exited