Course: SOC 100 (1708): Culture and Society | Spring 2020 | Prof. Alapo

Discussion 1

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Posts
    • #1935

Mehrangiz
      Participant

Q. What does C. Wright Mills say about sociological imagination?

A. C. Wright Mills defined sociological imagination as the awareness of the relationship between an individual and their experience and society.

Q. How does a sociologist define society as a group of people who reside in a defined area, share a culture, and who interact with one another?

A. Sociologist defines society as a group of people who share the same culture, meaning the group ( society ) shares the same belief and values. Sociology study groups to small or large groups. So they share the same culture so this is what the sociologist calls a society.

Q. What is the difference between sociological imagination and sociological perspective?

A. The sociological imagination is understanding individual personal history and to understand society, without knowing a person’s history it can’t make you understand society.  The sociological perspective focused on the groups within a society rather than society as a whole.

Q. Give examples of Sociological imagination and Sociological perspective

A. One of the examples of the Sociological imagination and perspective is that 2 years ago when I apply for the job at Macy’s and I got rejected so I thought it had to do with my age and I felt really awful but then my friends also apply to the same job and they told her that the store was closing at that location so a lot of people were losing their job and some had to relocate. so this shows how my personal issue was social issues too.

Viewing 0 reply threads