Course: SOC 100 (1708): Culture and Society | Spring 2020 | Prof. Alapo

active 4 months ago
SOC 100 (1708): Culture and Society | Spring 2020 | Prof. Alapo
This Course is OPEN.
Department
Social Sciences, Human Services and Criminal Justice
Course Code
SOC 100
Section Code
1708
Term
Spring 2020
Category
Course
Course Description

This course studies the social world and how it has evolved over time, as well as how individuals are influenced and structured by social interactions in small groups and by larger social forces. The course covers major sociological theories and research methods, and key concepts such as culture, socialization, social class, race/ethnicity, gender, technology, social inequality, and social change.

Recent Posts

FINAL EXAM POWERPOINT

See MoreFINAL EXAM POWERPOINT

Powerpoint

soc Presentation FINAL See MorePowerpoint

Reflections 4: Socialization and Social Interaction (Hector Viveros)

Hector Viveros SOC 100 Professor Oluremi Alapo Reflections 4: Socialization and Social […] See MoreReflections 4: Socialization and Social Interaction (Hector Viveros)

I simply wanted to say thanks once again. I'm not certain what I might have done in the absence of […] See More

Thanks for these guidelines. One thing I also believe is credit cards presenting a 0 rate of […] See More

One thing is the fact one of the most frequent incentives for utilizing your cards is a cash-back […] See More

Recent Discussions

week 4/7 questions

POST ON COURSE PAGE NOT PROFILE PAGE See Moreweek 4/7 questions

Reflexion 2

<span style="font-weight: 400;">Janel Johnson </span>   <span style="font-weight: 400;">       Transitioning from Grenada to New Jersey was quite different than I expected. What stood out was the respect people have toward each other.T See MoreReflexion 2

Essay

I think it's important how you see your self, it encourages knowing you have done so much to help the society and in a way it pushes you to do even better stuff. My major is also criminal justice and its important for CRJ majors to understand See MoreEssay

Recent Docs

home work for 4/7

Janel Johnson Why do groups exist and What are the types of groups that exist in a society? Groups exist because it gives you a good feeling that someone else feels the same way you are feeling. It’s a sense of belonging to something. Being a See Morehome work for 4/7

home work for 4/7

home work 4

Organic solidarity is most likely to exist in which of the following types of societies? Industrial    According to Marx, the _____ own the means of production in a society. Bourgeoisie See Morehome work 4