Course: MES160 – 1100, Spring 2022

active 3 days, 14 hours ago
MES160 - 1100, Spring 2022
This Course is OPEN.
Department
Media Arts and Technology
Academic Programs
Animation and Motion Graphics, A.S., Multimedia Programming and Design, A.S., Video Arts and Technology, A.S.
Course Contact
Course Code
MES160
Section Code
1100
Term
Spring 2022
Category
Course
Course Description

World History of Animation introduces students to seminal works of animation across time and cultures. The course discusses the evolution of the art form through the lens of technical innovations, socio-political contexts, and aesthetic movements. Students will study works ranging from large productions to independent and experimental shorts, and the influence of different international productions on one another, including Asian and European works and creators.

Acknowledgements: Based on the following:

Recent Posts

Yusuf Aldacher prompt 1 W7

Both films had their own agenda for propaganda, “Bust the Axis”, made in the UK and directed by […] See MoreYusuf Aldacher prompt 1 W7

Jennifer Uzhca W12 - Prompt 1

Disney and other big studios closed their 2D animation divisions by the late 1990s/early 2000s. […] See MoreJennifer Uzhca W12 - Prompt 1

Jennifer Uzhca W10 - Prompt 1

A movie that comes to my mind is definitely Wreck-It Ralph 2. When I saw the trailer for the […] See MoreJennifer Uzhca W10 - Prompt 1

Hello, I like your comparison at the end, but that's only if you cherry pick some super hero […] See More

Hello, Abandoned buildings and haunted places would definitely have given me a pretty good […] See More

Recent Discussions

Nader Nessim -w1

Q: Please tell us a bit about yourself. What is your name? Why did you pick this course? Is there a particular genre/era/type of animation you’re interested in learning more about? What is your major? What are your career goals? Include a few fun f See MoreNader Nessim -w1

Recent Docs

No Recent Docs