Course: MES160 – 1300, Fall 2021

active 1 week, 1 day ago
MES160 - 1300, Fall 2021
This Course is OPEN.
Department
Media Arts and Technology
Academic Programs
Animation and Motion Graphics, A.S., Multimedia Programming and Design, A.S., Video Arts and Technology, A.S.
Course Contact
Course Code
MES160
Section Code
1300
Term
Fall 2021
Category
Course
Course Description

World History of Animation introduces students to seminal works of animation across time and cultures. The course discusses the evolution of the art form through the lens of technical innovations, socio-political contexts, and aesthetic movements. Students will study works ranging from large productions to independent and experimental shorts, and the influence of different international productions on one another, including Asian and European works and creators.

May be cloned by logged-in community members.

Acknowledgements: Based on the following:

Recent Posts

Long Paper Outline - Zachary Furtado - Week 11

The film I have chosen to write my long paper about is the tv show Over the Garden Wall (2014) […] See MoreLong Paper Outline - Zachary Furtado - Week 11

Zachary Furtado - Week 10 - Prompt 2

In regards to the most popular and well received animated Japanese shows, it would be Fullmetal […] See MoreZachary Furtado - Week 10 - Prompt 2

Orchid Valdez W10

I believe today's most popular Japanese animated TV show in the U.S is "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no […] See MoreOrchid Valdez W10

Hi Renaldo, I'm curious to know what your favorite CGI film is? I saw Soul recently and loved some […] See More

Recent Discussions

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.

Recent Docs

No Recent Docs