Course: Gender & Communication COM265 | Brianne Waychoff Summer ’20

active 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Gender & Communication COM265 | Brianne Waychoff Summer '20
This Course is OPEN.
Departments
Interdisciplinary, Speech, Communications, and Theatre Arts
Academic Programs
Communication Studies, A.A., Gender and Women’s Studies, A.A.
Professor
Course Code
COM 265
Section Code
050W
Term
Summer 6W1 2020
Category
Course
Course Description

Course Goals: Raise awareness regarding how gender is created, maintained, and/or changed through cultural expectations and interaction; Gain theoretical insights and develop analytical skills to identify gendered expectations and how such expectations limit behavior for people of all genders; Enhance understanding of how predominant social assumptions and communication norms can devalue and silence women and other non-dominant groups, and how students can become change agents to enhance our collective lives.

Recent Posts

Journal 5

Kulah Love Massaquoi In my first column, I will like to discuss three important things […] See MoreJournal 5

Journal 1

Kulah Love Massaquoi Journal 1 In the text, the writers tell us about the importance of […] See MoreJournal 1

Final Portfolio

Hello everyone, My name is Kulah Love Massaquoi, I am currently attending the Borough of Manhattan […] See MoreFinal Portfolio

Thank you for sharing and it is amazing that you are doing teaching online classes! Because of the […] See More

Thanks so much, Fifi. I'm so glad. It is one of my favorites to teach and I change it a little bit every time. See More

[…] Jhulio Vargas Journal 1 […] See More

Recent Discussions

Question (Final porfolio)

Your portfolio should be a total of 2500 - 3000 words. So you should not add all of them, no. You should add the best and stay in the word count. There is an announcement post with all of these details. See MoreQuestion (Final porfolio)

Gender Identity Drafts revision

Do we need to add all the journals and the discussion to the final portfolio?     See MoreGender Identity Drafts revision

RE:ZOOM Link

https://bmcc-cuny.zoom.us/j/2657978390 Does this work? See MoreRE:ZOOM Link

Recent Docs

Running Vocabulary List

Add vocabulary from the readings you think it is important to know. Include definitions with references if you are able. This is a collaborative document for members of our class. Gender  - gender as the same as sex; gender as different than See MoreRunning Vocabulary List

Running Vocabulary List

Running Vocabulary List