Course: Gender & Communication COM265 | Brianne Waychoff Summer ’20

active 1 minute ago
Gender & Communication COM265 | Brianne Waychoff Summer '20
This Course is OPEN.
Departments
Interdisciplinary, Speech, Communications, and Theatre Arts
Academic Programs
Communication Studies, A.A., Gender and Women’s Studies, A.A.
Professor(s)
Course Code
COM 265
Section Code
050W
Term
Summer 6W1 2020
Category
Course
Course Description

Course Goals: Raise awareness regarding how gender is created, maintained, and/or changed through cultural expectations and interaction; Gain theoretical insights and develop analytical skills to identify gendered expectations and how such expectations limit behavior for people of all genders; Enhance understanding of how predominant social assumptions and communication norms can devalue and silence women and other non-dominant groups, and how students can become change agents to enhance our collective lives.

Recent Posts

Discussion 2

As i looked through each of the diagrams assigned , I examined the presentation. They are all […] See MoreDiscussion 2

Kianna Holm Discussion #2

After reading and analyzing each gender diagram I think that the best one is the last bullet, […] See MoreKianna Holm Discussion #2

Srijana Bhandari Journal 2

Coming from a developing country, where most of the social roots are stills grounded by very […] See MoreSrijana Bhandari Journal 2

Hi Adynah, Thank you for sharing! Neuroscience is fascinating - I myself am majoring in Design […] See More

Hi Michelle, It's great that you decided to go back to school! I can relate a little as my path […] See More

Hi Kiara, thanks for sharing. I relate to your post a lot, but there was actually a reason for […] See More

Recent Discussions

How to respond to the comment:

I got it right this time. Thank You. See MoreHow to respond to the comment:

About writing..

Thank You, Brianne. These are great tips. I will work on it. See MoreAbout writing..

Question on how to comment

The first time you comment, I have to approve it. This is to prevent spam or bots from posting on our site. I have now approved your comments and you should see them. From now on, I should not have to approve future comments. You did it correctly. See MoreQuestion on how to comment

Recent Docs

Running Vocabulary List

Add vocabulary from the readings you think it is important to know. Include definitions with references if you are able. This is a collaborative document for members of our class. Gender  - gender as the same as sex; gender as different than See MoreRunning Vocabulary List

Running Vocabulary List

Running Vocabulary List