Course: ANI 401 – Introduction to 3D Animation

Face-to-Face Classes Suspended; Shift to Distance Learning Begins March 19th

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Posts
    • #2487

Carlo Diego
      Participant

All CUNY schools will have a five-day instructional recess March 12-18. There will be no physical classes on campus. Students and faculty will be working on getting ready to have classes delivered via distance-learning for the remainder of the Spring semester.

CUNY’s 25 campuses, including dorms, libraries, research facilities, and essential on-campus services will remain open.

During the five-day recess, we expect students, faculty and staff to finish their plans to transition all instruction to distance education. Starting March 19, classes will resume in distance-learning form for the remainder of the Spring semester.

As always, the health and safety of the University community remains our top priority. These measures allows CUNY to continue serving its students while alleviating pressure on our areas during this public health threat.

Source: @CUNY Twitter Account

• #2488

Carlo Diego
      Participant

If you haven’t already, make sure you request your Cinema 4D student license. Alternatively, on Monday we will have additional information on computer lab hours on campus. It is extremely important that we remain in constant contact throughout the remainder of the semester, please keep an eye out for communication via email and posts like these on this platform.

Thanks in advance!

CD

• #2521

Hello

Do you already know what we are going to use for class sessions? Is it Zoom as everybody else?

Thank you!

• #2523

Carlo Diego
        Participant

Hi Oksana,

I’m currently weighing out our options. Some people are only able to follow along in the labs at school so I want to make sure that I can archive and share the Zoom discussion and screen sharing session. Our next scheduled class session is on March 23rd, the Monday after the Academic Recess. I will keep everyone updated.

Best!

• #2527

Thank you Professor!

• #2771

Marquis Gregory
      Participant

Hello Professor. My laptop isn’t the best so while working on creating my Sci-Fi hallway it’s starting to lag. What should I do since BMCC closed the campus all together? This also goes for future projects depending on the projects.

• #2800

Carlo Diego
        Participant

Are you using Instance objects for the multiple objects in your hallway? It’s important avoid just copying and pasting multiples of your objects to keep the scene manageable. I’ll be recording some videos in the coming days that should help going forward.

CD

• #2893

Marquis Gregory
          Participant

I’ve been using MoInstance to create copies of the objects I created. That aside, adding lights and textures will eventually slow my computer down unfortunately.

• #2936

Carlo Diego
      Participant

You can switch your viewport’s display settings so that you work in wire frame instead of having constant shading which slows down a machine. Save often, worst case scenario you can send me the last working version in case there’s a crash so you don’t lose your work. The upcoming animation assignments should be lighter on your computer.

CD

Viewing 5 reply threads