Course: ACR 150/ Literacy in American Society 052W/ Prof. Barnes/ Fall 2022/ Monday is the day!

Research Essay Check-In

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author

Ewa Barnes
      Participant

Essay Project: check in.

1. Let everyone know which essay option you selected and why.
      2. Where are you with your research essay? Review the suggested steps here and let us know whih ones you have completed so far and what’s next.
      3. Check out my comments on your essay plan on Blackboard. Revise and improve your plan if needed. If no revision is necessary, you’re on the right track already!
      4. Is there anything you need help with?
      5. Feel free to also review your classmates’ comments as they might be helpful to you. Reply to others if you wish.
      • This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Ewa Barnes.

Deborah Ramirez
      Participant

I selected option one, it seemed most interesting and accessible for me being as though I have so many book clubs around me.

I am starting on my essay outline I haven’t completed too much into it but its getting there! and I have completed all the steps prior to that.

I can’t actually see your comments on my plan because it has disappeared from BB for me.

I don’t need help yet but I’m sure more into the project I will need some help.

Ylli Zejneli
      Participant

Check-in

I am currently gathering more information about the community and the differences it has from the other communities that are a barrier to it. I did not have that much time to do much this past week due to midterms but I am not back to walking around the area where Bengali people dominate the cultural setting. I take photos of the signs they have on stores, and railings, the pop-ups that occur, and the language I hear most.

Mairely Rivera
      Participant

<span style=””>For this research essay I chose option #2 because it gives me a chance to go out and explore the city. So far, I already chose what neighborhood I want to observe and write about. I just need to actually go out and start documenting my obse</span>rvations.

Mairely Rivera
      Participant

For this research essay I chose option #2 because it gives me a chance to go out and explore the city instead of just getting information from the internet. So far, I already known what community I’m going to observe and write about. Now I just need to actually go out and document my observations so I can start writing.

Mairely Rivera
      Participant

For this research essay I chose option #2 because it gives me a chance to go out and explore the city. I already know why neighborhood I’m going to observe but I still need to go out and document my observations. I also need to start working on my essay outline but next week, but the sooner the better.

Mairely Rivera
      Participant

<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>For this research essay I chose option #2 because it gives me a chance to go out and explore the city. I already know why neighborhood I’m going to observe but I still need to go out and document my observations. I also need to start working on my essay outline but next week, but the sooner the better. </span></p>

Kevon Williams
      Participant

<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>The essay topic I chose was option 2, literacy landscapes and super diversity in the community. I chose this option as a way to not only explore my community, but to observe and analyze it as well. </span></p>
      <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>I’m currently just taking pictures and notes to reference in my essay and looking for any relationships between the community and it’s expected literacy endowments.</span></p>
      <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>My main concern is having enough storage to store the pictures for this essay.</span></p>
      <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>I need help gathering and sorting the information and making the connections to other readings and videos we’ve gone through for the course.</span></p>

Kevon Williams
      Participant

The essay topic I chose was option 2, literacy landscapes and super diversity in the community. I chose this option as a way to not only explore my community, but to observe and analyze it as well.

I’m currently just taking pictures and notes to reference in my essay and looking for any relationships between the community and it’s expected literacy endowments.

My main concern is having enough storage to store the pictures for this essay.

I need help gathering and sorting the information and making the connections to other readings and videos we’ve gone through for the course.

Ewa Barnes
        Participant

Hi Kevon–sounds good–perhaps you can stop by my office hours and we can discuss best strategies for organizing the materials?

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.